do you use SSD?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: do you use SSD?

Post by Skeithex »

I haven't really noticed any slow downs of late, I think the mailing system is getting back to normal.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel fewer companies sending flyers and advertisement mail and more people not ordering some\ things because of fear of getting the Coronavirus from mail and mail workers may make mail faster. The streets are also more empty because many places are closed, so mail trucks can drive faster.

Online news also been posting a lot of Coronavirus articles which may make people less likely to buy things because of fear of getting the virus from a mail worker, and people who may touch your purchases.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I know its quicker to get to work these days as well as get home, kind of nice really.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

There are also fewer people on the sidewalk which also can make walking faster.

I read news artivles that a lot of people are now getting money from the government because they are unemployed because of the Coronavirus lockdown, so unemployed people who get money from the government may use the money to buy a faster computer with a 500GB to 1 TB SSD. A lot of people buying PCs with SSD may cause a SSD shortage which means SSD will get more expensive, and there won't be enough SSDs for next gen game consoles, PCs, and other electronics which use SSDs.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

indeed, unemployment is paying people more, leading them to go out and doing a few hardware upgrades. I've seen a increase in SSDs and other HDD of late.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

SSDs and HDDs can be a nice upgrades for people who now spend most of their time at home, and now download a lot of games, movies, music, and software, or are now recording a lot of video and music/audio filesto upload to social networks like YouTube, Facebook, etc.

Games, software, video files, and Operating systems like Windows 10 can use a lot of storage space, and some programs like MS Office can load a lot faster on a SSD and some hard drives with faster specs like a 10 000 Revolution Per Minute/RPM spin speed, and 64MB HDD Cache size.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

It's why a lot of people want SSDs, though not many are all aware of its great speed and assurance.