FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Login

Username:   Password:   Log me on automatically each visit  

When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

<<

froggyboy604

User avatar

Anime music gaming Fanatic

Posts: 27924

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:28 pm

Post Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:47 pm

When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

I think Windows 11 will be release when the next generation Xbox console will be release, so the next Xbox will have a more advance operating system for higher video qualitu playing games, and both can get free advertising from Xbox's packaging which may list Windows 11 as the operating system. Windows 11 retail box can also say it is the same OS used in Xbox and Surface PCs and tablets.
<<

Skeithex

User avatar

Has no home to go to

Posts: 19890

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:20 am

Location: In your computer!

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:39 am

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

from what I understand Xbox uses a Windows core system but the rest of it is made up of Hyper-V and if I remember right Windows 10 is here to stay for a long time.
<<

froggyboy604

User avatar

Anime music gaming Fanatic

Posts: 27924

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:28 pm

Post Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:09 am

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

I think Windows 11 maybe released sooner if there is a sudden slowdown in Windows 10 retail installer license sales, and Windows devices like Surface PCs and Windows tablets have very few sales in the future.

Microsoft may have a backup plan like releasing Windows 11 if Windows 10 is losing many users because of people switching to other operating systems or other devices like Google Chromebook and Linux PCs.
<<

Skeithex

User avatar

Has no home to go to

Posts: 19890

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:20 am

Location: In your computer!

Post Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:10 am

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

trust me, many people will never abandon windows for something else. The general public has no desire to learn unix or afford an apple product.
<<

froggyboy604

User avatar

Anime music gaming Fanatic

Posts: 27924

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:28 pm

Post Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:58 pm

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

I think a lot of people are fine with Windows 7and 8.1, so they may not upgrade to Windows 10 until they see a version of Windows they are excited to use.

Using a Linux based operating system like Ubuntu Linux maybe easier for some users who mostly use web brorsers, video playesrs, and word processors. Linux operating system updates rarely are known to break the operating sysyem naking the whole OS broken. Ransomware and virus attacks are not as common in Linux OS like Ubuntu.

I agree Apple computers are too expensive for many users.
<<

Skeithex

User avatar

Has no home to go to

Posts: 19890

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:20 am

Location: In your computer!

Post Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:44 am

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

froggyboy604 wrote:I think a lot of people are fine with Windows 7and 8.1, so they may not upgrade to Windows 10 until they see a version of Windows they are excited to use.

Using a Linux based operating system like Ubuntu Linux maybe easier for some users who mostly use web brorsers, video playesrs, and word processors. Linux operating system updates rarely are known to break the operating sysyem naking the whole OS broken. Ransomware and virus attacks are not as common in Linux OS like Ubuntu.

I agree Apple computers are too expensive for many users.


people out right hate 8, for right reasons. And 7 will be discontinued come January which MS is wording it in a way that their machines won't be very usable.
<<

froggyboy604

User avatar

Anime music gaming Fanatic

Posts: 27924

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:28 pm

Post Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:11 am

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Skeithex wrote:
people out right hate 8, for right reasons. And 7 will be discontinued come January which MS is wording it in a way that their machines won't be very usable.


I did not have a lot of problems with 8 except for the startmenu/startscreen.

It is too bad that Windows 7 will be discontinue, and won't be as usable.

I think some Windows 7 users may try out Ubuntu Linux on their old PC until buying Windows 10.
<<

Skeithex

User avatar

Has no home to go to

Posts: 19890

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:20 am

Location: In your computer!

Post Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:52 am

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote:
people out right hate 8, for right reasons. And 7 will be discontinued come January which MS is wording it in a way that their machines won't be very usable.


I did not have a lot of problems with 8 except for the startmenu/startscreen.

It is too bad that Windows 7 will be discontinue, and won't be as usable.

I think some Windows 7 users may try out Ubuntu Linux on their old PC until buying Windows 10.


the more advance users may head over to linux, bu the general home user will not, specially since most don't even know how to fully use W7 or W10.
<<

froggyboy604

User avatar

Anime music gaming Fanatic

Posts: 27924

Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:28 pm

Post Tue Oct 29, 2019 7:40 am

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Skeithex wrote:the more advance users may head over to linux, bu the general home user will not, specially since most don't even know how to fully use W7 or W10.


Some poor Windows 7 and 8 users with more free time may try to learn Linux to see if they can use Linux before thinking about buying Windows 10 which can be expensive for poor people. I think if you mainly use software like Google Chrome, Firefox, video and music players, and Word Processors, Ubuntu Linux can be a good free alternative OS to Windows and Apple computer OS.
<<

Skeithex

User avatar

Has no home to go to

Posts: 19890

Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:20 am

Location: In your computer!

Post Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:27 am

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

trust me, unless linux came with a GUI, no one would be able to work the command prompt part of linux.
Next

Return to Techies 'R' Here

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: froggyboy604 and 0 guests

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by ST Software.