When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: When do you think Windows 11 will be released?

Post by Skeithex »

I honestly don't see MS investing into something better than windows defender for the next OS. Would be nice so you wouldn't have to pay for AV.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think it would take a long time before Windows come with a better antivirus and firewall software unless Microsoft buys another antivirus or replace Defender with a free/open sourcr antivirus which is better than Defender.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:I think it would take a long time before Windows come with a better antivirus and firewall software unless Microsoft buys another antivirus or replace Defender with a free/open sourcr antivirus which is better than Defender.
they should buy malwarebytes, seems like its the best on the market. I can't remember the last time I had a virus but often get malware.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:
froggyboy604 wrote: they should buy malwarebytes, seems like its the best on the market. I can't remember the last time I had a virus but often get malware.
Malwarebytess also does a good job at finding pups/potentially unwanted programs.

I read online posts that Windows 10 has a version which work with mobile-only CPU made by Qualcomn, Samsung, etc which is not compatible with viruses and malware designed for Intel, AMD and VIA PC CPU, but most Windows program made for PC dont work on mobile-only CPUs.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I'm sure with enough tweaking the windows os could work on mobile specs, but would require a lot of messing around.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel a lot of Microsoft software can be made to work on mobile spec or work as a web browser app like outlook.com, and the online version og Microsoft Word.

But, many people use Windows to use programs like Photoshop, Valve Steam, and Games like Halo which need a very fast PC.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

they really need to make a light weight version of office before it can ever be placed onto a mobile, maybe that be a good goal for windows 11?