Warranties

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Warranties

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think some people who want a durable laptop will buy a durable looking laptop like those old thick laptops made by IBM, and buy a protective case for the laptop.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I'm pretty sure IBM no longer makes pcs, at least publically, I think they were bought out by Lenovo.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I remember reading a news story that Lenovo bought IBM Thinkpad and desktop brand for a lot of money. I heard some Lenovo laptops are durable enough for most users.

I feel if a user wants a durable laptop, they can use PC parts to build a laptop, and use a 3D printer to 3D print a thick metal case, and a use a more durable charging port which wont bend or crack when dropped.

I seen a few pictures of people building homemade laptops, tablets and handheld conoles, and they seem to look more durable than most cheap $200 laptops.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I've seen some customers get a bad laptop, though like everything in today's world, it can be marked up to bad mass production
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel laptops being made in factories where workers get paid a few dollars per hours may cause worker to be more angry when building laptop. Some angry workers may more likely damage laptops with their tools.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I can see that happening, though I think its all automated these days.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think some simple tasks like screwing the case together and installing RAM may still be done by an unhappy worker who gets paid a few dollars an hour.

I feel some workers may not always wear an anti-static wrist strap, so they damage the laptops with static electricity on their finger tips and hands.