Warranties

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Warranties

Post by Skeithex »

I'm noticing a lot more pcs coming with the ram built into the motherboard itself, which would be automated.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I agree most of the RAM built into the motherboard maybe installed with a robot.

Less popular laptops makers and laptop models may still use a human worker to use a soldering iron and lead to physically install RAM onto the motherbiard. It maybe cheaper to hire a worker to install/solder a few hundred to thousands RAM chips than buy an expensive robot to do the same task.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

It costs a lot to have someone build anything, so I doubt a small company could afford the working help.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I remember reading articles and watching online videos of tech factories using workers who are paid a dollar an hour, so using a low paying worker maybe cheaper than a robot which you need to buy for thousands of dollars, use electricity, maintain, repair, buy replacement parts, and buy software and software upgrades for the robot.

Some countries may ask factories to hire many workers, so the worker unemployment numbers are low for a country, and people have some money to buy things. Some companies may want to hire more workers because it looks better on News photos and videos having a room full of robots.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I like to think with China going to lose a lot of factories, I doubt anyone can hire cheap labor anymore.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Hopefully, there won't be any more very low paying tech factory jobs which trick workers into accepting a few dollars to make electronics while the owner of the factory is rich. I remember reading articles that the workers at these factories are very unhappy with their lives. They sometimes go on strike, and may risk going to jail if the government acts cruel.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

That's one reason why I hope factories move out of China and to better places to build better things and not need warranties to cover things.