When is it time to upgrade?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: When is it time to upgrade?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I prefer older style USB ports like USB-A, USB-B, micro-usb, and mini-usb since they have been very reliable in my experience.

I owned a lot of older USB-B printers, USB-A flash drives, and Micro-USB tablets and Raspberry Pi PCs. The older style USB cables and ports still work after many years of using them.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Same, I got a bag around here full of them. Sucks that when you upgrade it seems those older ports slowly vanish.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I also have a lot of older style USB cables like USB-A and Micro-USB cables.

I feel it can be annoying that some laptops like Apple laptops and newer smartphones and tablets only have USB-C ports for charging the battery, and transfering data to a PC.

Micro-USB cables are usually easier to find at local stores. I seen Micro-USB cables being sold at gas stations, and grocery stores for $10 or less. If someone lost a Micro-USB charging cable for a smartphonr, they can usually easily find one at many local stores for a low price.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

It also doesn't help that Lenovo has been using special charging ports, making it hard to get a replacement for it.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

It is annoying that all laptop makers don't agree on using the same type of charging port design like most Desktop Tower PC power supplies use the same power port for the power cables, and older Smartphones which mostly use Micro-USB.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I often get people in looking for replacement chargers, very easy for desktops (unless its lenovo) but laptops is always a gamble.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

It is too bad laptop chargers and cables are not more durable where people don't need to replace them as often.