When is it time to upgrade?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: When is it time to upgrade?

Post by Skeithex »

Most I've seen needing replacement is because they lost/forgot them, their pet got a hold of it or they were way too forceful with removing it.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

It would be nice if laptop makers add an alarm or smartphone app to warn you when someone tries to steal a charger, or you forgot to pack your charger in your bag.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I suppose there could be an internal alarm, but that would need its own battery if the main laptop battery was low or depleted.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

A regular AA or AAA battery may work at powering a simple alarm which goes off when someone unplugs or move a charger from a laptop. I know there are alarm clocks which are powered by a single AA or AAA battery.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Those wouldn't last long enough, its too much to pry off the laptop cover to replace a simple battery.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I know there are Lithium-Ion and rechargeable NIMH AA batteries which can last longer than Alkaline AA batteries. Better AA batteries may last long enough for a few weeks to months of travel with a laptop.

Buying a battery for an anti-theft alarm on a chargernis cheaper than replacing a laptop charger which can cost a lot of money, and some chargers are hard to find at stores.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Still be a pain to get them in, unless they make a easy to open slot but that might kill how they keep the laptop slim