Tech Dust traps?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Tech Dust traps?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel future 1 to 3.3 TB PC and console games may need to use these 3.3 TB disc to store games because a lot of people may still be stuck using slower internet with bandwidth limits under 1TB. Downloading a 1TB game may cause some users to slow down their internet for many hours to days until the game is fully downloaded.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

They would have to use something, though may be more economical to use usb.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

USB can be more economical.

But, the USB ports may not be durable enough to last many years when users are unplugging and replugging in USB game drives many times a day. I read forum posts of people with computers with broken USB ports, so I think consoles can have broken USB ports if you use them a lot.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I assume there will be anti copy on usbs, but it still be a cheaper route than the CDs.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Discs like Blu-ray maybe used to store games because game companies can print a large logo and graphics of the game on the front of the disc, so they get free advertising from game owners posting pictures of the disc on blogs, social networks, websites, etc, and game owners with the game showing people their game disc's front with the name and artwork of the disc.

Changing to a small USB Flash drive or cartridges may make fewer people know about the game because it is harder to read the name of the game on a USB drive, and fewer people may post big pictures of USB games.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

that's true, a huge draw back of usb is you don't know what it is till you plug it in.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I imagine some people will accidentally bring USB game drives with games on them to school or work instead of their USB flash drive with work and school files. Friends returning the wrong USB game to a friend who lent the game can be annoying for friends.