Tech Dust traps?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Tech Dust traps?

Post by Skeithex »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaAY-jAjm0w

In the video above, PS5 is made with dust traps, I've never heard of such a thing for tech.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Tech Dust traps?

Post by froggyboy604 »

The dust trap looks useful for trapping dust from entering the PS5.

Some custom built Gaming desktop computers have washable air filters made of cloth with very small holes on it or a metal or plastic mesh.

But, I think most computer makers like HP, and Dell don't install dust filters. I feel they don't include dust filters because adding dust filters will raise the price of building a computer, and many PC owners may buy a new Desktop PC with a faster CPU and more RAM in a few years before dust causes overheating and dust related problems with a PC.

A lot of desktop PC also use slower spinning fans which move less air, so they run quieter, and the fan blows less dust is into the PC's case.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

It be nice if a lot more PCs and other tech had such filters made in them already. It would keep them going a lot longer.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel a lot of average people will not clean the filters, so filters may cause overheating problems sooner than having no filters on a PC.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

If they make it simple and easy to do with instructions, I'm sure most would like for Vacuum cleaners and the such.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Electronic makers can make the dust collect into a paper dust bag like a vacuum cleaner.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

speaking of vacuum cleaner, I wonder if a special one is needed to clean out such traps?