Best monitor?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Best monitor?

Post by Skeithex »

That's the huge draw back in the all in ones, once the screen goes they are pretty much useless wants you can organize the main unit somewhere with another external monitor.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

Hopefully, most All-in-one come with durable and long lasting screens. Making an All-in-one with a slide out screen would be nice. People can upgrade to a 4K screen on their All-in-one by sliding it out like a game cartridge on older game consoles.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

would be nice, I've seen people have monitors go out and they didn't want to give up the PC, to repair was too costly.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

It is too bad that repairs are so costly.

I think some people are using mini and smaller size desktop PC instead of All-in-one PC because the monitor, webcam, speakers, and microphone are not built-into the computer like an All-in-one or laptop PC. A lot of mini PC can also can be mounted to the back of a monitor, or put under a taller monitor, so they fon't use a lot of desk space.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Not sure of recent, but the last few years all in ones were popular due to the amount of little space they took up which was nice.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel All-in-one maybe popular with people who want to upgrade their CPU, RAM, and hard drive or SSD in the future if they need better performance to use more hardware intensive software like video and photo editing software. Some All-in-one let users upgrade the video card as well according to forum posts I read on a tech forum.

All-in-one may also not slow down as much because it is getting too hot if the All-in-one has enough cooling to cool their computer parts.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

they actually can over heat if place in a area with poor air flow, I've seen a few suffer from it.