Recommended AV?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Recommended AV?

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:I heard some cars let you use a smartphone to start a car, so robbers maybe able to hack your smartphone to steal a car.

I think using a metal "steering wheel lock" like "the club" would be a good way for preventing most robbers from driving your car even if they can start it by stealing the car remote's signal.
I have such a phone, not really possible unless they get my actual phone.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I heard there are smartphones which uses a custom OS and apps which are harder to hack. I think most car robbers won't really bother trying to hack a more secure smartphone to start a car which can be controlled by a phone when there are other cars which can be started by jamming a screwdriver into the steering wheel key hole or using a wireless device to steal a car's key signal.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

for recent cars it would have to be a wireless hacking, as they come with button starts, no car key holes.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think some cars with wireless keys still come with a backup key hole for opening the driver side door and starting the engine with a key hole on the dashboard when the battery in the key is dead or the key wireless transmitter is broken.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Only key hole is for the glove box, otherwise there is a button number you can enter to get into the car.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

It would be nice if there were paid antivirus which have a loyalty program which lower the price of subscriptions for long time subscribers.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Would be nice, Malwarebytes did have lifetime licenses, but they took them away :(