Recommended AV?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Recommended AV?

Post by Skeithex »

Looks like they have to:

https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/security/s ... d-rcna6335

Because people are saying you don't need AV at all, which isn't true.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

It is crazy that news editors allow writers to write headlines like "Experts say you don't need antivirus". A free or more affordable antivirus like with the latest virus definitions may of prevented the ransomware and malware attacks to many computers.

I feel Firefox gave up on Firefox OS too soon. Firefox could of teamed up with programmers who work on Linux, and create one of the most secure operating systems bundled with one of the most secure web browser after a lot of programmers look over the code to fix security problems.

There are many people who pay a lot of money and spend a lot of time on more secure smartphones and computers which are harder to spy on, and hack.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I've seen plenty of old people get tons of viruses and PUPs, they need AV like they need locks on their door.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel some old people may share their computers with young kids to teens who may get viruses from unsafe websites, and plugging in an infected USB drive, or SD card which is infected with a virus.

Unfortunately, a lot of less tech savvy users may get tricked by fake tech support scam telephone calls from scammers and scammers they met in real life or the internet who tell them to install malware on their PC.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

young kids can also be just as in danger for viruses, sadly the basic MS AV doesn't always cut it.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think most virus makers test out their virus programs on MS AV to see if it can get pass MS AV before sending it to users by e-mail, chat programs, and other online sites.

Maybe using a Linux or Android emulator to browse websites may keep people safer from viruses.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Most do get tested, it's why AV makers have to employee hundreds to test daily for anything that gets past the detectors.