Recommended AV?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Recommended AV?

Post by Skeithex »

I wonder if that was for pro versions? I never seen that feature on school PC.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think there was not a pro version. I think users need to download Virtual PC from Microsoft website. I think Virtual PC was mainly used for running older software on Windows XP installed on Virtual PC.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Downloading back in those days was rather painful with dial up.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think some computer magazines used to burn freeware like Microsoft Virtual PC to a CD-R or DVD-R disc, and include the disc for free when you buy a copy of their magazine.

A lot of computer textbooks also used to come with free trial software CDs which let users use the software to complete a course.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I think I have a few of those CDs around somewhere, they were pretty awesome.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Those CDs help save a lot of people's time because they don't need to wait hours for many installer files to download if the person use dial-up, and cheaper and slower connections.

Those CDs are good for people who feared getting malware from getting viruses from online ads, and download websites which may contain viruses if someone like a hacker uploaded an infected file to the website.

I think Magazines and textbook makers are more careful on not including unwanted software in the CD, and may use multiple antivirus programs to scan the CD to make sure it has no viruses before including it with their book or magazine.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

CDs were easily scratchable back in the day, so you had to be careful or get another one if possible, otherwise yeah dial up was impossible.