Recommended AV?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Recommended AV?

Post by Skeithex »

Hard to say, most won't go away from what they like and others won't know how to use it.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think there maybe programs, extensions and apps which make it easy to use the VPN in edge sort of like those Android apps which people use to turn on and off wifi.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I don't think they are built into the browser, at least not for chrome. I think it is all extension.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I hope the VPN extension could be uninstalled in most new web browsers.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I'm sure it can, I doubt its hard coded in, though I wonder if it will become default one day?
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think Opera web browser's VPN is hard coded in, and you can only disable it in the settings.

I think most ISPs may offer a cheap or free VPN service or app to convince some people to subscribe to their internet plans, so a web browser VPN maybe less necessary in the future.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote: Sat May 14, 2022 7:55 pm I think Opera web browser's VPN is hard coded in, and you can only disable it in the settings.

I think most ISPs may offer a cheap or free VPN service or app to convince some people to subscribe to their internet plans, so a web browser VPN maybe less necessary in the future.
Last I checked ISPs don't want people using VPN and rather use their low end AVs.