Recommended AV?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Recommended AV?

Post by Skeithex »

I work at a job where that has backfired and caused more headaches, like when someone else sets up the account.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think making a multiple choice question may help, but offer slightly less security. Some people are not good at spelling which can make security questions not work.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:31 am I think making a multiple choice question may help, but offer slightly less security. Some people are not good at spelling which can make security questions not work.
I'm guilty of the bad spelling, and seen a few misspellings in anti viruses over the years.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

It is kind of strange that antivirus programs have misspellings. I also am not good with spelling.

I think security questions could be good for people who don't own another device for 2FA, or feel 2FA is less secure than using a pre-set security answer which is hard to guest if the answer is very unique.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Security questions can easily get past if they use typical answers, it can be good if they use random stuff.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel some custom security questions like "What is the highest score you got in a certain video game?" maybe harder to guest.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

That would be a lot better assuming it's not public knowledge.