Recommended AV?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Recommended AV?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think some smaller businesses maybe stlll using XP for cash registers, and using XP PCs for looking up prices and inventory for products.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Actually, government and military still use old systems for stuff that never got upgrades.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I bet, some military may make a custom version of Windows to prevent mainstream security vulnerabilities from breaking their computers, and to save space on the hard drive to store more files like videos and audio files.

I heard old factory machinery only work on Windows XP computer.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I've seen a local place have a few things still run XP and even run stuff off of floppy disks.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I heard Japan is trying to make government workers not use Floppy drives. I think Floppy drives are still being used because people don't like to change their habits, and they have a lot of old floppy drives which are good enough for carrying text and .doc files.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Floppies are pretty useless, though I don't think they get infections.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I agree Floppy drive are not as useful these days unless you mostly use Floppies to store small text files. I think there are Floppy viruses which spread viruses when you insert the floppy in the PC during startup or manually opening a file in a floppy drives.

I imagine small file size viruses may still fit on a floppy drive which can store a 1.44 MB file on the drive.