Recommended AV?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Recommended AV?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel a lot of lowend antivirus may have a lot of different versions, and you need to pay a lot of money for the full version, and some buyers may cancel their subscription, and switch to a better antivirus which may cost less for the full version.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I know the low end ones will be sneaked onto any type of software download, sometimes just be malware themselves.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

They may not offer much protection as well or outdated protection, and people maybe better off using the Antivirus which came pre-installed on their store bought computer.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

All store bought ones won't do a thing until you pay sadly.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I thought they had a 15 day or longer trial which give you updates and real-time protection.

I feel people can scan downloaded files manually with Clamwin free scanner-only Antivirus which uses the free opensource ClamAV virus database. ClamAV virus definition database is used on some e-mail servers running Linux and other Operating Systems.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:I thought they had a 15 day or longer trial which give you updates and real-time protection.

I feel people can scan downloaded files manually with Clamwin free scanner-only Antivirus which uses the free opensource ClamAV virus database. ClamAV virus definition database is used on some e-mail servers running Linux and other Operating Systems.
They do have a trial, but as soon as they find anything they want payment before removing it.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think some antivirus trials still have real-time protection and updates turned-on after the trial, but a lot of the more advance features are disabled.