Recommended AV?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Recommended AV?

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think local some adult continuing studies colleges offer basic computer classes for free or a low price for people who are new to computers, or don't know how to use Windows for some reason.

Hopefully,continuing studies colleges which has basic computer classes teach people how to use Windows Defender, and other popular antivirus programs.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I think most do point out the importance of it, but some really don't take much care into it, specially in this growing world of digital dangers.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Hopefully, most basic adult computer courses for beginners talk a little bit about ransomware, and malware before users learn how to use the internet, open files with programs, and install programs, games and apps in Windows.

Maybe Microsoft can make a short videos which people can choose to watch before using Windows, so they know the basics of preventing malware infections.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Most don't seem to care, I often walk around work and people leave their PCs unlocked which they shouldn't do.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Hopefully, people at least logout of their e-mail, and password protect important files like documents which contain their social insurance number, driver's license number, and credit card information.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Nothing like that unfortunately, most hackings come from over sighted security lacking.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel setting a timer to autolock Windows may help with preventing unwanted people from messing with Windows. Windows 10 now let you set a pin to unlock a PC or use your face to unlock, so it is not as inconvenient to unlock Windows.