Recommended AV?

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: Recommended AV?

Post by Skeithex »

Most companies do this, I know at my workplace I set it to be about 5 minutes before the pc locks up.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I bet, companies also save some electricity if they set computers to sleep after not being used for 10 minutes.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

It does, you be surprised how much a constant running pc racks up the electric bill.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I feel computers which are left ON and connected to the internet for hours to days are more likely to get a virus like the Wannacry ransomware which attack the smb port in Windows.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Very true, I've heard of peer to peer type viruses that uses your machine in a hive type setup to infect other things.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I heard some virus infected computers are used for DDoS attacks after infecting a computer with a virus.

I feel it is safer to disconnect from the internet to prevent getting infected with a DDoS virus. I think the Wannacry virus creator knew of a security problem in Windows, and infected a lot of computers which were online, and only used the Windows firewall or another firewall which can't stop wannacry.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

If I don't plan on using my PC, I shut it down or pull the Ethernet cord. Be nice if AVs came with a internet shut off switch that would keep a PC disconnected.