Purchasing parts

Need help in the world of technology? Here is the section for you, or talk about your favourite tech related topic, or what is new in the world of tech here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Purchasing parts

Post by froggyboy604 »

I imagine some local computer parts stores decided to shutdown their store because there is more violent crime, and many criminals are carry weapons, or use the stolen computer part like a laptop power cord as a weapon if you try to stop them.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I know one local store moved to our mall, being in the middle of the mall would cut down on possible thefts.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

It will be safer selling computer parts in a mall because most malls have security gaurds, and many shoppers in the mall.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I've seen the mall guards, they won't stop people lol but it take longer for a person to escape with stolen stuff.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Hopefully, most gaurds may contact the police,
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

or know what is taken so they can possibly report it to the manufacture so they can be disabled.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I imagine, more tech savvy robbers can replace the disabled parts like a motherboard to continue using the computer, or selling it.

Disabling a computer may make it harder for the police to find the robbers because the robber may throwaway the disabled device in the trash instead of the robbers trying to sell stolen computers on the street where the robber can get caught by the police.