Wii wins 'Best of What's New' award

Talk about games made for Nintendo, Xbox, playstation consoles & portable consoles, or Computers here.
SetoTK
Low flying mountains just to the right.

Wii wins 'Best of What's New' award

Post by SetoTK »

With less than a month to go before Wii hits the shops in Europe, the build-up has reached boiling point; not only in the gaming press but in the mainstream media, too.

Respected American magazine Popular Science has voted Wii the Grand Award Winner in its 'Best of What's New 2006' awards, in the Home Entertainment category.

Popular Science, which has a readership of more than seven million, voted Wii into first place ahead of a state-of-the-art hi-definition TV, a wireless music system, a Blu-ray disc player and a pair of $2000 hi-fi speakers.

That's Wii for you: affordable and award-winning!

The magazine's website, PopSci, had this to say about Nintendo's new console:

"Remember when videogames were fun? When the controllers had only a couple of buttons and you didn’t have to spend an hour learning the seven-step finger dance for 'walk?' Nintendo does, so it took a step back, looked at its superpowered competitors, and took a totally different path with its new console, Wii."

http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/en/G ... yV3VSjOGRc

yea the Wii is highly innovative, and w00t
I never really understood Thursdays.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

i agree the wii is innovative. the speaker on the wii conytroller and the motion sensing is kind of cool.
SetoTK
Low flying mountains just to the right.

Post by SetoTK »

Wii is the most innovative system, to date,

well at least thats what i think,
I never really understood Thursdays.