Suspected PS3 Thief Killed By Sherrif's Deputy

Talk about games made for Nintendo, Xbox, playstation consoles & portable consoles, or Computers here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Suspected PS3 Thief Killed By Sherrif's Deputy

Post by froggyboy604 »

Just when you thought the whole PS3 launch ugliness was behind us, comes this terrible piece of news from North Carolina.

Friday evening, a New Hanover County sheriff's deputy shot and killed 18 y.o. Peyton Strickland in the door of Strickland's home. Strickland was suspected in the Nov.17th armed robbery of a University of North Carolina Wilmington student for his PS3 and some games. There are not a lot of details in the case yet, but what is known is that officers arrived at the door to serve Strickland a search warrant in connection with the robbery case. Strickland answered the door and a loud fight ensued ending with not only the death of the young man, but his German shepherd, Blaze, as well. Strickland's roommate (pictured right), who was home at the time, said the man was unarmed when he answered the door.

A full investigation has already been launched by the New Hanover County District Attorney, Ben David who says he has made this his top priority and will show no favoritism towards the deputy.

"No one's above the law. If there's any criminal conduct that can be established, I'm not going to hesitate to treat them as any other defendant."

I'm still completely floored by the senseless deaths and violence surrounding something that is supposed to be an entertainment. How many more lives will the great PS3 gods require before they will finally be appeased? Flynn De Marco
S: http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/suspected- ... 218933.php

What a horrible way to die for the guy and the dog. I don't know why the guy and the dog had to be shot since the guy was unarmed, so he shouldn't be much of a threat to the police, so the cop shouldn't have shot him, but peper spray him. poor guy and guy's dog dieing cuz he stole a PS3 from a college student.