Sammi Cheng

Share the latest Entertainment news with everyone here!
DaN.ThA.DJ
Junior

Sammi Cheng

Post by DaN.ThA.DJ »

http://sammicheng.popz.tv

Translated by woodsy
(Thanks to wingyee at lovesammi.com)

Sammi and director Stanley Kwan attended promotional events for their film <Everlasting Regret> yesterday. Ten of Sammi's costumes in the movie were on show at Causeway Bay's Times Square and she turned up to meet the press, although she was 45 minutes late, making the press irritated. However, when Sammi arrived, she apologised to the reporters, explaining that she had yet to get used to the time change and her lack of sleep had made her late.

Sammi admitted that she was in the wrong, since she was late because of her medication. She clarified that the medicine was not for any illness, but rather her recent trip to Venice and then to Toronto had given her jet lag, which caused a lack of sleep. There had been earlier reports that Sammi's arms were covered in scars, but Sammi explained that those were rashes from an allergy. Although Sammi was dressed in a red overcoat yesterday, the rashes were still apparent. When reporters asked if she had recovered from the rashes, she self-consciously pulled the sleeves down to cover the scars and said that she was not sure. She also told reporters that she had seen a doctor about it and she had no control over the recovery process.

Another magazine also pointed out the similarities between the illnesses bugging the 2 female leads of the different versions of the story, but Sammi brushed it aside, saying that she did not believe in these stories because she is a Christian. As for the rumours that Sammi cannot get out of her character, she said that she has managed to remove herself from the role and had plenty of fun in Venice. Whether or not she got a prize from the film festivals is not that important.

As for her frequent illnesses, Sammi admitted that she was prone to falling ill, for example, her asthma problems. The rashes were just one of many different illnesses. That said, she would see a doctor to rectify whatever problems she had. Although she remains curious as to why the reporters like to place an emphasis on her health, she said that she was used to it by now. "If I wanted to hide anything I wouldn't wear short sleeves!" She went on to say that she knew the reporters had their job to do, which is why she did not bother about the constant negative stories of her health condition. While she remains in good spirits, Sammi also said that she hopes that she does not give people the impression that she is very fragile.

One of Sammi's rumoured flames Louis Koo said that even though she missed out on the Best Actress award in Venice, he hoped that she would get some other awards. Sammi reacted very strongly to that, saying, "Why must I definitely get some award? I feel I have gained a lot from this movie, I am very comfortable and I've learnt so much." Although she had problems getting out of the character, Sammi said that she was more than willing to take on a similar character, jokingly remarking that she was keen on taking on challenges. For example, she was very interested in a role where she would be acting as a depressed character recently. However in the meantime, she will be starting a new love story project in November with Leon Lai and Stanley Kwan is working on writing a lesbian story for her. She also confirmed that she will be signing on with East Asia although the album will only be released next year. In the near future, she will be concentrating on promoting this movie, and is likely to be attending the Busan Film Festival in Korea as well as the Tokyo Film Festival in Japan.

credits: asianfanatics.net, mxproject.net, DanthaDJ
babydorkee
Deejay

Post by babydorkee »

hmm..interesting haha
DoRkiSH_AzN_bOiii916

Post by DoRkiSH_AzN_bOiii916 »

wow....Sammi sounds kinda like a bitch in real life. LoL. I didn't think she'd actually be like that. Good article though Dan!
Now_N_Forever
{* Je s s ic a } &#9825;

Post by Now_N_Forever »

niceee....
Now_N_Forever's CLUBBOX
GOLD CLUBBOX - SO COME ON IN AND DOWNLOAD LIKE CRAZY AS THERE ARE 100+ GB WORTH OF FILES!

Cr: shai