Pioneer Aims To ‘Wow’ With Big Plasmas

MP3 Players And Music Gadgets disscussion.
SetoTK
Low flying mountains just to the right.

Post by SetoTK »

LCD TVs might represent the biggest selling HDTV segment but plasma technology is still holding its corner in the really big TV department. Pioneer is aiming to show how much better plasma is over LCD with the release of its generation 9, 50in and 60in Kuro TVs.

What’s more, they feature five times the black levels of the last, award-winning Kuro TVs, which boasted amazing contrast levels anyhow.

The two new models, the PDP-LX5090 and LX6090 are both Full HD models with resolutions of 1920 x 1080. At 3.7in thick, they are 20% thinner than last year’s Kuro TVs and sport some new audio and visual party tricks. The Optimum Mode synchronises sight and sound by simultaneously monitoring the content and room light conditions, before adjusting the picture and sound settings.

The 50in and 60in sets will be shipping next month, costing around £2,400 and £4,200, respectively.-Martin Lynch

Source : Gizmodo UK RSS Feed
I never really understood Thursdays.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think LCD black levels look like grey. Though, plasma looks like it have better blacks.

I'm still waiting for OLED, Laser and SED TV.

For now, CRT seems to have the best bang for the buck. Plus, it has good black levels.
SetoTK
Low flying mountains just to the right.

Post by SetoTK »

Yea CRT is far superior to the newer technologies,

not bad for a tech thats well over 70 years old,

1878 - Englishmen, Sir William Crookes was the first person to confirm the existence of cathode rays by displaying them, with his invention of the Crookes tube, a crude prototype for all future cathode ray tubes.

(more entries in between i just didn't care about them)

1931 - Allen B. Du Mont made the first commercially practical and durable CRT for television.

I really like all these people that brag they have a '40 inch lcd tv' '50inch plasma TV', they paid to much, for substandard tech CRT may require a tad more space (okay several feet more) but they display full colour not this half range you get with LCD/Plasma tech.

sure there catching up, but this supposedly new tech is catching up with tech well over 70 years old
I never really understood Thursdays.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

What is lame is those people who think they are saving money by Using an LCD because they uses less power, but power is relatively cheap in Canada. Plus, LCD prices for a decent size is still kind of expensive compared to CRTs.

CRTs are also thinner these days.

Source: www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4947

If you live in a place that can't house a TV of this size then Your place must be cramp and unconfortable.
beiresliple
Weakling

Post by beiresliple »

Ooh wow that blue looks nice , If I had the money I would buy those when they came out