Religious music

Talk about your favourite C-pop, J-pop, K-pop, English music, Instrumentals and more here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Religious music

Post by froggyboy604 »

Do you listen to religious music like Budhist chanting, Christian rock, and pop?

A few of the songs I listen to have religous themes, but the artists sings regular pop and rock.
Liddo Annie
The litto Kiddo~

Post by Liddo Annie »

No....

I actually don't like listening to religious praises in my music.
SetoTK
Low flying mountains just to the right.

Post by SetoTK »

Meh i don't mind, references to god and the like as well we all know that would be moiand for those who don't speak russian я вы придурковатая персона
I never really understood Thursdays.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I don't really care if the people sing songs with references to god because if it is a good song sung by a person with a good voice it's worth a listen. Though, if the song is about how a "Holy war" is acceptable then I wouldn't listen to it since It is not.
JinxieJanx
Junior

Post by JinxieJanx »

Well, I used to have this CD. I never really touched it though.. my dad brought it home thinking I could find religion in it. Of course, its buried at the bottom of my dresser somewhere. I think it was like rock/pop songs. I don't remember though.

Anyways, I think all artists in some way are influenced by religion in some way, and it sometimes shows through the music.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Yes, I agree since lots of written works have religous themes even if the author did not know that he has religous themes in them. Music Lyrics are another form of poetic writing.

I think a lot of people say to understand english Literature. You need to understand The holy bible, Shakesphere, and a few other writers. Lots of writers use religous themes, but they are not very direct with it. Like an author can write ``Today Billy saw a prostitute who tempted him, but decided not to go with her because billy have a girl friend who loves him.`` Which can be a reference to a religous theme :``14 You shall not commit adultery.``
Liddo Annie
The litto Kiddo~

Post by Liddo Annie »

I think the King James Bible is more commonly studied in English Litature courses than any other versions of the bible. I did it in my lit 12 class, now im wondering what's gonna look like for my English 200 class.