Do you think a lot of anime's biggest fans are men?

Talk about JTV/KTV/CTV shows like Anime, K-drama's, Sitcoms, TV shows, films, etc.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Do you think a lot of anime's biggest fans are men?

Post by froggyboy604 »

Yes, I visited an anime wallpaper site and I notice that most of the most popular wallpaper involves anime girls wearing bikinis or cute clothing.

Like the picture I post below. I notice there are not a lot of pictures of hunky guys that are in the top few hundred Backgrounds.
Resurgence
MXP Ub€rness

Post by Resurgence »

Yeah I think anime has a lot more guy fans. XD
Itachi_Uchiha000

Post by Itachi_Uchiha000 »

Yes, deffently more men like it
Jura
Weakling

Post by Jura »

I've read statistics about roughly half and half. If you're on a site...it depends on the webmaster. Some may focus the site without knowing it.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

True, some girls don't really admit to liking anime, wrestling, video games, and cars because they don't want to look boyish. Like how some boys who don't admit to liking womens fashion, perfume, purses, baking, cooking, and tea parties because they fear their friends will think they are girly.

Anime sites like 4chan seems to gear their site more for men since there's more pictures of anime girls or macho men like Goku then Romantic anime. I notice.
Resurgence
MXP Ub€rness

Post by Resurgence »

I have a lot of friends who are girls that like anime!
Black Angel

Post by Black Angel »

Yes, considering the fact that the girls I 've seen in it look like they are holding a watermelon in their sweater, and there is never a missed opportunity to get a glimpse of their panties while wearing extremely short skirts, topless, or in their underwear are an indication of that..

I think that even though there are fans of both sexes, that are some men who like it for the girls, and some for the storyline, while most women would like it for the storyline..

Mind you, I liked Ranma ½ and Sailor Moon (Japanese version) in spite of that..