Death Note Goes American

Talk about your favouite Anime series here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Death Note Goes American

Post by Skeithex »

Warner Bros. has acquired the live-action rights to the popular manga series Death Note, with screenwriters Charley and Vlas Parlapanides (War of the Gods) hired to adapt the tale for the big screen.

Variety reports that the story "centers on a college student who accidentally finds a misplaced 'death note,' infusing him with the power to kill merely by writing anyone's name on the page while picturing the person in his mind." The film will be based on the first three volumes of the 13-part manga, which was written by Tsugumi Ohba and illustrated by Takeshi Obata.

Warner Bros. Pictures Japan previously made three Japanese-language Death Note films, directed by Shusuke Kaneko. Those films will not tie in to the new movie, beyond their shared source material.

source

America, killing our manga/anime one series at a time.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

America should stick to ruining their own entertainment industry instead of ruining other countries' entertainment industry.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:America should stick to ruining their own entertainment industry instead of ruining other countries' entertainment industry.
couldn't have said it better then myself, you have earned a QFT! but I herd that the USA movie industry is taking a interest in anime.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I'm guesing because the US are tired of stealing generic plots from Shakesphere, the bible, and other famous western books.
Dragon Master
12 Girls band.

Post by Dragon Master »

I hope they make a better Death Note Movie. To be honest the Death Note Movies suck. The only person who like a character from the Anime was the person playing L. The main reason for that is all the characters from Anime look like Americans. Also building and places didn't look like anything from the Anime.