MP3 player freezing up

MP3 Players And Music Gadgets disscussion.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

MP3 player freezing up

Post by Skeithex »

my just 1 year sandisk fuze MP3 player is starting to freeze up on me a lot. it will either freeze up with a distorted picture or the picture will fade to a light blue screen which with the ligth blue screen I can still play songs. anybody know a good fix?
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

Press the On switch up and hold for 10 seconds, device will reset
sansafix
Try a longer reset. Hold the power switch up as long as it takes . . . it will eventually shut down. 10 secs. works for minor hiccups, but some problems take up to 30-40 secs. to clear.

Now for the reason . . . 90% of freeze-ups or 'hangs' on database refreshes occur because there's something in the ID3 tag of one or more files that the player cannot decypher. It could be foreign characters, excessive comments, or the wrong format of tag itself.

The other 10% is caused by corrupted files; possibly (but not necessarily) from P2P file-stealing sites (like Limewire). So once you get the device shut-down, I'd connect to your computer and wipe everything off of it. Disconnect and turn it on and initiate a Format through the Settings > System Settings menu. This will eliminate any residual bits & pieces plus optimize your cluster allocation.

Then before transferring anything else back to it, use the Search function here and bone up on ID3 tags and how to edit them. There is a plethora of information and tips here. Also look up 'error-checking' (or ChkDsk), so you can find (and hopefully fix) any corruption that may be present before you waste your time loading up the same problematic files and have to do this all over again.
Tapeworm

http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/Fuze/sansa ... td-p/64682

Not sure this will work, but it is from the official Sansa forum. I don't own a Sansa MP3 player. But, I heard reseting devices could help since it resets it back to factory settings.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I saw the ten second power hold but not the longer one. I'll have to give it a try.