Would most MP3 Players have web browsers in future?

MP3 Players And Music Gadgets disscussion.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Would most MP3 Players have web browsers in future?

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:
hissae2 wrote:I think it could happen in the future. But I don't want it to turn into another iPod type thing. People may want to listen to music online or buy music on an online store.
a MP3 player for online music would be sweet. but costly.
Yes, it would cost at least 100 dollars for one like The Creative Zen Android MP3 Player with bult-in Wifi : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004EV ... B004EVV3L6 , but most iPhone, Blackberry, Google Android cell phones also have a web browser, Apps like Pandora Radio and can play MP3 files as well on the memory card.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

If your going to stream constant music, your going to need a G connection.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Yes, you'll need a good wireless connection, but there are also online radio which stream in 8 Kbps on http://Shoutcast.com, so you can even listen to it on slower connections, but the quality is similar or worse then AM/FM Radio or your telephone quality.

But, most online radio stations stream music at 64-128 Kbps, so most wireless connection would be fast enough.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

For someone like me though, I would need a decent connection or I could irked. :p
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think a basic cable or DSL broadband connection connected to a wireless router can stream most online radio stations without buffering since you would be less likely to multi-task (browse the web, stream youtube, listen to online radio, play flash games at the same time) on a portable MP3 player with a tiny screen like a bigger screen device like a desktop, laptop, or tablet computer, so all the connection bandwidth/power will be used to stream the audio on your MP3 player.

Most media player apps also save 1-5 seconds of the audio stream in the future to playback in the future on your media player to prevent buffering, and skippy audio on slower connection.

There is also a slight delay in the audio the online radio stream when you listen to it, so the listener audio won't buffer as often or at all on most connections except dial up,
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Where I would stream music, there isn't wifi available so I would need a G connection.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

If you have a computer or laptop with a wireless or Bluetooth card or USB adapter installed on your computer, you can use it to stream music from the internet, or your computer drive to your MP3 player with Wifi by using Internet Connection Sharing also called tethering.

[BBvideo 800,600]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2yjRw3QmYA[/BBvideo]