Jin Documentary "No Sleep Til Shanghai"

Share the latest Entertainment news with everyone here!
Dah_jOkA

Jin Documentary "No Sleep Til Shanghai"

Post by Dah_jOkA »

San Francisco Premiere
USA 2005 | 69 mins | Color Video | English, Mandarin, Japanese, Cantonese w/E.S.

IN PERSON: Todd Angkasuwan

In the fall of 2004, New York rapper Jin Au-Yeung, the first Asian American signed to a major hip-hop label contract, embarked on an eight-city tour of Asia. A camera crew accompanied Jin and his entourage, documenting their experiences in visiting cities like Shanghai, Tokyo, Taipei and Singapore for the first time. NO SLEEP TIL SHANGHAI follows Jin backstage, into radio booths and in front of the mic as he takes on fans, interviewers and freestyling challengers alike. Like many American-raised Asians who travel back to the so-called “motherland,” Jin’s experience is marked by equal parts awe and ambivalence, especially when it comes to understanding his relationship to fans who look like him, but come from wildly different backgrounds. Broadening our understanding of hip-hop on the global stage, director Todd Angkasuwan opens viewers’ eyes to the density and diversity of rappers throughout the continent, offering a look at how an entire generation of Asian youth has grown up on hip-hop imported from America.

—Oliver Wang

Watch The Trailer Here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=A5sDgAZg4Cs

OFFICIAL SITE HERE: http://www.nosleeptilshanghai.com/

It looks dope! I'm def gonna check it out when it drops, it friggin sold out its first week in SAN FRAN!! woO!

credit: youtube.com // asianamericanfilmfestilval.com
RAP IS A GENRE // HIP-HOP IS A LIFESTYLE
DaN.ThA.DJ
Junior

Post by DaN.ThA.DJ »

damn ! hahaha saw the trailer.. it looks awesome. Yet again Jin catches ppls attention
Bestinwest
Deejay

Post by Bestinwest »

Yeah, I met this guy at HIN. Bought his DVD and the trailer was on that DVD, so yeah, it was pretty sick and couldn't wait to see this...
Sometimes I want to think about the yesterdays...