What do you think of 60 frames per second music videos.

Talk about your favourite C-pop, J-pop, K-pop, English music, Instrumentals and more here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

What do you think of 60 frames per second music videos.

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think 60 frames per second is too fast for music videos. It makes the video look like it is being played in fast forward video mode. 60 fps also make my computer slow down when I play it in 1080P 60 fps on YouTube.

Although, the video in 60 fps does look very smooth. Almost too smooth.

MV 60fps/1080p BESTie Pitapat - K-pop Music Video (Play video in 1080P and 720P)

[BBvideo 800,600]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtGibKhCjZo[/BBvideo]
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Re: What do you think of 60 frames per second music videos.

Post by Skeithex »

I really can't tell a difference.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I think 60fps video only works in Google Chrome, and web browsers which are based on Chromium which is what Google Chrome is based on.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I'll check out in chrome later, but I would think firefox support it by now.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

One of the benefits of not supporting 60 fps video is that it won't slow down the video causing stuttering on older and slower computer when playing video in 30 fps on YouTube with Firefox. Maybe Firefox decided not to support 60 fps, so video will not lag when being played back on older and slower computers.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

to be hip and up to date, they will support it but may give options of watching it in 30 fps.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Maybe a plug-in or add-on maker will make a plug-in or add-on which let users watch 60 fps video with Firefox. I think 60fps is not a huge deal for Firefox, and they will probably spend more time on more important things like faster website load times, and less RAM and CPU usage when Firefox has many tabs open.

According to the comments on Reddit, Firefox does not have the proprietary h.264 codec to let it play 60fps video like Chrome. I think if YouTube uses a different video codec, Firefox maybe able to play 60fps video.
It's unfortunate that Google and Microsoft had the luxury of offering proprietary h.264 support for IE and Chrome, while Mozilla had to do some soul searching before adding mp4 playback to Firefox. The about:config MSE pref is relatively stable, however, so at least it's possible to watch youtube at 60fps right now. Personally, I'm more miffed at how IE doesn't support WebM at all.
http://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comment ... n_firefox/