MP3 Players. Review?

MP3 Players And Music Gadgets disscussion.
Liddo Annie
The litto Kiddo~

MP3 Players. Review?

Post by Liddo Annie »

Yes, any ways I've been complaining about getting a new one for like... :roll: a year now? Yes I think it's been a year. Any whos since i just got a job and (hopefully) getting paid a large amount (or just enough to get me an mp3 player.. and still have some money left over)

So the one top on my list is the
Sony Walkman Bean 1GB

Specifications
• CONNECT™ Store System Requirements
• Microsoft® Windows® 98 SE, ME, 2000 or XP
• Minimum of 500 Mhz processing speed
• Minimum of 400 MB available hard disk space
• Minimum of 128 MB RAM
• Internet Explorer 5.5 or later
• CD-ROM drive (for installation and import or playback from CD)
• Supported CD-Recordable drive (for CD burning purposes)
• Internet connection (broadband suggested)
• The Connect music store software is not currently available for Macintosh® operating systems.

• Inputs and Outputs:
• Output(s) --- Headphone (Stereo Mini Jack)
• Input(s) --- USB (built in connector)

• Power:
• Battery Life (Approx.) --- Up to 50 Hours1 of Playback with embedded lithium ion battery

• Weights & Dimensions:
• Weight: 1.6 oz
• Dimensions: 2.7" x .9" x 1.5"

• Supplied Accessories:
• SonicStage® Software
• Headphones
• USB Cable

• Colors:
• Licorice Black, Cotton Candy Pink I'm sure I saw a white one, or a blue one in store...

©2005 Sony Electronics Inc.Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. All rights reserved. Sony, ATRAC3, ATRAC3plus, Connect, Jog Dial, Network Walkman, SonicStage and Walkman are trademarks of Sony. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice. Non-metric weights and measures are approximate.
Then the..

Samsung Yp-T7x

Model Name/ Modèle YP-T7X
Product Type/ Type de produit Flash Digital Audio Player
Built-in Memory/ Mémoire intégrée 512 MB
Digital Audio Formats/ Formats audionumériques MP3, WMA, SECURE WMA, OGG, WAV, ASF, JPEG
Display/ Affichage 6 lines Colour LCD (65K)
Battery/ Pile Type/ Type Li-polymer
Life/ Durée 10 Hrs
Voltage / Tension 3.7V
Technical/ Données techniques Connection Transfer Rate/ Débit de connexion USB 2.0
Signal to Noise Ratio/ Rapport signal-bruit 90 dB with 20KHz LPF
Frequency Response/ Réponse en fréquence 20Hz-20KHz
Total Harmonic Distortion/ Distorsion harmonique totale 0.20%
Earphone Jack Output/ Sortie pour prise écouteur 10 mW/CH (16Ω)
Feature/ Caractéristiques Digital Sound Preset/ Préréglages de son numérique SRS, TRUBASS, WOW, CLASSIC, JAZZ, ROCK, USER EQ
Firmware Upgradable/ Micrologiciel évolutif Yes
Bass Boost/Amplification des graves Yes
Voice Recorder/ Enregistreur vocal Yes
Mass Storage Device/ Mémoire de grande capacité Yes
Random-Repeat/ Lecture aléatoire-répétée Yes
Track Search/ Recherche de piste Yes
FM Tuner/Syntonisateur FM Yes
Compatibility/ Compatibilité PC

Management Software/Logiciel de gestion
Samsung Multimedia Studio
General/ Infos générales
Accessories Included
Earphone, Line-in cable, USB cable, mini USB adapter, Charger, neck strap, Belt Clip, install CD, user manual, quick guide, warranty card

System Requirements/ Configuration du système Pentium 200MHz or greater, Windows 98 SE/ME/2000/XP, 40MB free hard disk space, CD-Rom drive, USB Port
Net Dimension (W x D x H)/ Dimensions nettes (L x P x H) 37.3 x 14.7 x 62.5 mm
Net Weight/ Poids net 42 g
and this one:
MPIO FL300
http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetai ... 3693[quote] Product Features

FEATURES:

* Built in rechargeable lithium polymer battery recharged by a USB cable.
* Clock, Alarm, Voice Recorder, Built-In Mic.

FEATURES:
o Durable Chorme-Plated Aluminum Body
o 2 Lines LCD With White Backlight: The text of the LCD displays clear, while the white text gives it a look of simplicity and sophistication.
o Operating System Compatibility: Win98/SE/ME/2000/XP, Mac OS 9.2 And Higher
o System Requirements: USB 1.1, Win98/SE/ME/2000/XP, Mac OS 9.2 And Higher

Product Details

Web Code: 10050863
Mfr. Part Number: FL300
AM/FM Tuner No
Battery Life Approx 10 Hours
Battery Type Li-Polymer Battery
Computer Interface USB 1.1
Connection Transfer Rate 5 Mbps
Cradle No
Digital Audio Format Upgradeable Yes
External Memory No
External Memory Format Not Applicable
ID3 Tag Display No
Impact-Resistant Case No
Included Headphone Type Earbuds
Included In Box Manual, Clamshell
Internal Memory 1.0GB
Internal Memory Format MP3/WMA/ASF
Media Compatibility WMP/RealOne/Bonfire Compatible
Operating System Compatibility See The Features Section
Product Dimensions 3.0(W) x 5.0(H) x 1.28(D) cm
Product Warranty 1 Year Limited Parts & Labour
Product Weight 29 g
Remote Control No
SDMI-Compliant Yes (WMA, DRM)
Signal to Noise Ratio (S/N Ratio) 90DB
Software Supplied Yes
Station Presets None
System Requirements See The Features Section
Total Memory 1.0GB
Track Search Yes
Voice Recorder Yes
Water-Resistant Case No[/quote]

Soo, Suggest and review your mp3... and PLEASEE!! NO FREAKIN IPODS. No matter how popular they are. I don't want one. I hate them. I hope they die. Not ot mention their batteries are irreplaceabple right?
mui_mui
SuperJunior!

Re: MP3 Players. Review?

Post by mui_mui »

Samsung Yp-T7x

I have this =] In my opinion It's pretty good! The battery life is only 10 hours but it gets you through the day xD

All you do is drag and drop your files in too! It's really easy and straight forward!

The player's headphones aren't so great though; I'd say these are it's biggest fault =/

It comes with the necklace and stuff so it's realllly good! haha Also, the little joystick can piss you off sometimes, but if you get it right then it's fine xD

This thing's also realllllly tiny so it's great to stick into your pocket and not have a giant lump in there xDD

There's a mic and FM radio and you can view jpegs too! You can also do a line-in thing and record songs from your cd player if you wanna steal any off your cds

I'd definitely recommend this one =]!!!

My other choice would be the Sony one. The battery life is AMAZING on sony products but the only fault would be SonicStage which is the stupidest program in the world! haha It's so slow too >___> It's the ONLY way to get it on too! No drag and drop at all t_t
WoodY
~Music Man~

Post by WoodY »

My friend has the samsung one, I would highly recomend it, I have used it, it has got a nice sleek interface, ease of compatibilty and its sound quality is awesome.

Oh, and also look into Creative, they have some pretty good MP3 out.

Check it.

http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/zenvisionm/
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Post by froggyboy604 »

I like the sony one.

creative makes good mp3 players. here one also from creative that have less storage space, but is smaller then cheaper.
http://creative.com/products/product.as ... duct=12720

http://www.sonystyle.ca/commerce/servle ... 881n100123
This one from sony looks pretty cool. battery life is like 70+hrs on 1 AAA battery. "the smallest battery smaller then AA kind that u put in your remote controls.

http://www.iriveramerica.com/prod/ultra ... 0-512.aspx <-this one from iriver seems pretty good.

all the mp3 u listed on your post have batteries that are hard to replace cuz their built into the player itself like the ipod, and im pretty sure the battery is hard to replace like the ipod. then again if you hate buying batteries and dont mind recharging your built in battery then built in batteries are ok.

mp3 player that uses AAA type batteries are good cuz if u run out of power while your out . you can buy a new AAA battery at almost any store "grocery, supermarket, or electronics store" and put it in the battery slot and you have power again if the battery breaks u can just throw it away and get a new one, and your not stuck with the same battery for as long as you own your mp3 player meaning you can replace it with a better batteries when newer AAA battery come up.

offtopic: if you use rechargeable batteries get energizer NIMH batteries and their 15 minute charger their expensive, but u can charge 4 batteries in 15 minutes.
http://www.energizer.com/products/recha ... fault.aspx
Liddo Annie
The litto Kiddo~

Post by Liddo Annie »

Personal experiences with batteries.. they cost alot. i mean i used to be cheap and go out and buy the dollar stores one, and thye would last me like...1 day? But i want to last it a MONTH. I haven't have time to go out and buy more batteries, and I use my AAA to run my graphing calc. I perfer a Flash hard drive. Charging batters takes about... 3 days? and I usually use my mp3 player everyday so that's why i also perfer a flash drive.

Creative, is a good brand to make mp3. but few people at my school have them and i think they're a bit bulky and ressembles an ipod. Makes me wonder which came along first and who copied who. But 30 GB is too much. I only have like about 6 or 3 forgot.. GB of music and a 1 GB mp3 is good for me.

Sony headphones are the best. I still have mine from my CD Player still working fine. No matter how many times i've wrapped it around my mp3 it's still fine.

Samsungs.. I had the samsung yp-55i... and i swear the HEAD PHONES SUCK! they break so damn fast. ._.

so i guess i will get the bean... since.. 3 min charging=3 hours of play back? and I can charge my mp3 while i'm at work.