Slow loading

Do you have ideas, constructive criticism, concerns, ways to promote MX-project? Lets hear them.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Slow loading

Post by froggyboy604 »

SetoTK wrote:
froggyboy604 wrote:I wonder if some of the servers are out of Mxproject.com's control because Mxproject uses 1and1's servers for webhosting.

Is Mxproject slow on other internet connections like the connection from your smartphone's data, work, or school?

Im not experiencing slow downs loading Mxproject on my home internet connections.

MXProject is no longer on 1&1's servers, it's on OVH now

OVH has some occasional issues but overall we have more bandwidth and a better specced server.

the slowness could be ovh's dns getting overloaded as some isp's refuse to use the primary one because it shares the same IP as MXProject
It's nice to know that Mxproject web server is now faster, and OVH provides more bandwidth. Mxproject's website loading speeds have been fast on my home internet connection.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

the slowness still pops up for me, but it's not as bad as its been.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

It's good to know that the slowdown problems are not as bad as before. Hopefully, Mxproject's website improves its loading time in the future.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

about 9 PM CST, the site was slow again for a good ten minutes.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:about 9 PM CST, the site was slow again for a good ten minutes.
I ask my web host if there is anything my web host could do to fix the slow down problem.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

You really have a basic low modded forum, so I really don't get what could cause the issue suddenly other than a bad configuration on the server side.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:You really have a basic low modded forum, so I really don't get what could cause the issue suddenly other than a bad configuration on the server side.
It might be the internet connection for the server, and DNS problems. I rarely experience slow down problems when I am on this forum.