Jessica Alba forgives Playboy in magazine-cover dispute

Share the latest Entertainment news with everyone here!
Liddo Annie
The litto Kiddo~

Jessica Alba forgives Playboy in magazine-cover dispute

Post by Liddo Annie »

LOS ANGELES (AP) - Jessica Alba's dispute with Playboy is over. The 24-year-old actress has dropped demands the magazine pull its March issue, after receiving a letter of apology from Hugh Hefner. Alba was upset because she had not agreed to be on the cover.

"I appreciate Mr. Hefner's acknowledgment of the distress caused by Playboy's actions and I'm happy to put this unfortunate event behind me," Alba said in a statement Tuesday.

"This was never about money, it was about setting the record straight about something that was done without my knowledge or consent."

Playboy also made donations to two charities Alba supports. Her spokesman, Brad Cafarelli, declined to disclose the amount donated to Keep A Child Alive and Until There's A Cure.

"Hef felt bad that Jessica was upset and apologized for unintentionally hurting her feelings. We're happy the matter has been amicably resolved," said Playboy spokeswoman Lauren Malone.

On the March cover, Alba was shown in a bikini next to the headline "25 Sexiest Celebrities." She issued a statement saying the image may lead readers to believe she appears nude or partially nude in the magazine.

In a Feb. 23 letter, Alba's lawyers told Playboy the magazine used the photo meant to promote the movie Into the Blue without her consent. Sony Pictures, which owns the image, sent a separate letter alleging Playboy initially offered to pay Alba to pose for the cover of the issue.

When her publicist refused, Playboy resorted to using "false pretenses" to obtain the promotional shot, the letter said.

© The Canadian Press, 2006
babydorkee
Deejay

Post by babydorkee »

ooo soo thats what that whole cover about. i was like jessica alba doesnt do stuff like that.