Nintendo Switch Console

Talk about games made for Nintendo, Xbox, playstation consoles & portable consoles, or Computers here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Nintendo Switch Console

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Nintendo Switch Console

Post by froggyboy604 »

The Switch does look like a good console. But, I think the controller parts will be lost quickly. Hopefully, there would be many good games to be released for the Switch.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Indeed, but it seems like this is nothing more than a gaming made tablet really.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:Indeed, but it seems like this is nothing more than a gaming made tablet really.
I agree, this seems like nothing more than a gaming tablet. But, there was no mention of a touchscreen, or touchscreen stylus pen, so it maybe just a screen with removable controller pads.

I think the Wii U maybe a better choice because it has a tablet controller, and a few games like Smash Bros, Mario Kart, and Zelda. It is also backwards compatible with Wii games, and can play Downloadable games from the Nintendo online store.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

Sounds like we will get full details come 2017. Hopefully they reveal it as more than a suit up gaming tablet.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:Sounds like we will get full details come 2017. Hopefully they reveal it as more than a suit up gaming tablet.
I think the Switch will be like more powerful handheld that can attach to a TV with a dock, and uses removable controller pads for gaming when sitting on a chair or laying in bed.

I read on SlashGear that the Switch console attachment dock is only used for charging the handheld, and connecting the Switch to a TV, and the Switch is not a replacement for the Wii U or 3DS.

I'm not sure if the Switch will make a good tablet for daily use since the Switch may not have as many apps, and digital content like ebooks, comics, movies, music, and electronic magazines and newspapers as Google Android, the iOS app store, and the Windows Store. The size of the Switch's screen also looks kind of small for watching video and reading compared to an iPad Air and some Android and Windows tablets which has a 9 inch or bigger screen.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

It better be a replacement, I am not buying from a company that has three different products in the gaming industry. I hate to have my gaming divided and spend so much for so many different devices.