Nintendo Switch Console

Talk about games made for Nintendo, Xbox, playstation consoles & portable consoles, or Computers here.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Nintendo Switch Console

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:It better be a replacement, I am not buying from a company that has three different products in the gaming industry. I hate to have my gaming divided and spend so much for so many different devices.
I feel there will still be 3 different devices after the Switch is released because the Switch may not be backwards compatible with Wii U and 3DS games which need 2 screens to play. The Switch may take a longer time to become popular with some gamers like kids who rather stick to consoles which has a lot of games like the PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, 3DS, PS3, Xbox 360, etc. Older gamers may stick to playing games on the PS4, XB1, and PC because it has Grand Theft Auto 5, Final Fantasy, Destiny, and more mature games, so older gamers may wait a while before getting the Switch, and may just get a cheaper Wii U and 3DS to play a few Nintendo exclusive games.

I think the 3DS and Wii U will continue to have exclusive games release for them for many years because there are still a lot of people who own a 3DS and Wii U.

Nintendo may still want to release a new version of the 3DS because it is very popular. The Switch's size is bigger which make it hard to carry around without a bag. There are some games which are more fun to play on 2 screens instead of 1 screen like the Switch.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote:It better be a replacement, I am not buying from a company that has three different products in the gaming industry. I hate to have my gaming divided and spend so much for so many different devices.
I feel there will still be 3 different devices after the Switch is released because the Switch may not be backwards compatible with Wii U and 3DS games which need 2 screens to play. The Switch may take a longer time to become popular with some gamers like kids who rather stick to consoles which has a lot of games like the PS4, Xbox One, Wii U, 3DS, PS3, Xbox 360, etc. Older gamers may stick to playing games on the PS4, XB1, and PC because it has Grand Theft Auto 5, Final Fantasy, Destiny, and more mature games, so older gamers may wait a while before getting the Switch, and may just get a cheaper Wii U and 3DS to play a few Nintendo exclusive games.

I think the 3DS and Wii U will continue to have exclusive games release for them for many years because there are still a lot of people who own a 3DS and Wii U.

Nintendo may still want to release a new version of the 3DS because it is very popular. The Switch's size is bigger which make it hard to carry around without a bag. There are some games which are more fun to play on 2 screens instead of 1 screen like the Switch.
hahah... no.

Wii U is currently dead, there are hardly any games planned for it and practically none in 2017.

3DS is still good but Nintendo hasn't done anything with the N3DS model they released this year which is slightly altered that any game for it can't be played on previous 3DS and so far its gathered dust for me.

Nintendo can't possibly support three consoles plus a mobile platform.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote: hahah... no.

Wii U is currently dead, there are hardly any games planned for it and practically none in 2017.

3DS is still good but Nintendo hasn't done anything with the N3DS model they released this year which is slightly altered that any game for it can't be played on previous 3DS and so far its gathered dust for me.

Nintendo can't possibly support three consoles plus a mobile platform.
It's unfortunate that there are hardly any games for the Wii U in 2017. Hopefully, there would be more games for the Wii U in 2018.

Nintendo may still try to support three consoles, and a mobile platform because there are a lot of users on each of them especially on the 3DS and mobile.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

I very highly doubt Nintendo has many people working on games for Wii U anymore. These days it takes years to make a game, not months like it was back in the NES/SNES days.

Though I could see them having some 3rd company porting Switch games to Wii U.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I agree, Nintendo may not be planning to make many games for the Wii U in the future.

Some 3rd-Party Wii U game makers may stick to making games for the Wii U for the time being until there are enough Switch owners to buy 3rd-party Switch games.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:I agree, Nintendo may not be planning to make many games for the Wii U in the future.

Some 3rd-Party Wii U game makers may stick to making games for the Wii U for the time being until there are enough Switch owners to buy 3rd-party Switch games.
Pretty sure the Wii U has no 3rd party games to it right now, but I could be wrong.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote: Pretty sure the Wii U has no 3rd party games to it right now, but I could be wrong.
Just Dance 2017 by Ubisoft would be released for the Wii U.