Cable channels

Talk about JTV/KTV/CTV shows like Anime, K-drama's, Sitcoms, TV shows, films, etc.
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Cable channels

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote: I like to think that if tv channels do go on demand, they will be exactly the same they are now, but instead of having to wait 4PM to watch a show you can watch it anytime. But like anything, license for shows expire sooner or later.
I think channels make us wait, so they get more viewers for a show at a specific time. If a show does not get enough viewers in the evening like 7PM, there is a chance the show would get cancelled because fewer companies like car companies, electronic stores, and fast food restaurants will buy expensive TV ads if fewer people watch the shows during the evening.

Making people wait could also make a show more popular because more people will use Twitter, and Facebook to post about a certain show at once which makes the show a trending/viral topic on social networking sites if enough people post about it online.

Some very popular shows gets re-broadcast many times a week, so you can set a DVR to record it. Some DVRs let you set recordings by logging into an internet account to control your DVR's recording schedule when you are away from home.

Fans can re-watch some shows online on the official website or video sites like YouTube, or non-legal websites or services like Bittorrent, and un-official show fan sites if the show is popular enough to have a huge fan following.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote: I like to think that if tv channels do go on demand, they will be exactly the same they are now, but instead of having to wait 4PM to watch a show you can watch it anytime. But like anything, license for shows expire sooner or later.
I think channels make us wait, so they get more viewers for a show at a specific time. If a show does not get enough viewers in the evening like 7PM, there is a chance the show would get cancelled because fewer companies like car companies, electronic stores, and fast food restaurants will buy expensive TV ads if fewer people watch the shows during the evening.

Making people wait could also make a show more popular because more people will use Twitter, and Facebook to post about a certain show at once which makes the show a trending/viral topic on social networking sites if enough people post about it online.

Some very popular shows gets re-broadcast many times a week, so you can set a DVR to record it. Some DVRs let you set recordings by logging into an internet account to control your DVR's recording schedule when you are away from home.

Fans can re-watch some shows online on the official website or video sites like YouTube, or non-legal websites or services like Bittorrent, and un-official show fan sites if the show is popular enough to have a huge fan following.
we're entering a world though that people want on demand. Waiting might be better for ratings but I think cable stations are losing younger viewers.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote:
froggyboy604 wrote:

we're entering a world though that people want on demand. Waiting might be better for ratings but I think cable stations are losing younger viewers.
I agree TV stations are losing younger viewers. Some of the viewers which they are losing may not be as valuable because people who watch stuff on demand usually skip commercials where a lot of TV shows make most of their money from ads.

But, some shows work best as live shows like shows where viewers can win prizes by phoning in to correctly answer quiz questions, and news shows where people can give their opinions in real-time. I think shows will offer prizes for viewers to win at the end of the show, and find guests like celebrities like actors, and singers to answer live questions during a show.

Plus, making a show on demand may cause the hype for a show to be smaller when the show is released on TV. People will end up watching it many weeks, months or years latter where their posts may not help promote the show as well.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

most on demand stuff does have a limit on how long it stays up. Plus if its some big new show episode, they will have to watch it rather soon.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Making a download or record option can be a good idea since some people may forget to watch it before it expire.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

people like to stay current and spoiler free, so they will watch it before it starts leaking online.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

I know in some countries it takes a long time for some shows to get subbed or dubbed, and broadcast on TV, so some people will watch it online, or buy the physical disc version of the TV shows.