Loose Change

Something on your mind, or having a bad day? Talk about anything in here.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Loose Change

Post by Skeithex »

What do you end up doing with all your loose change (coins and such)?
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic

Re: Loose Change

Post by froggyboy604 »

I usually just put it in a bottle, and take the coins to a loose change to paper money machines which counts coins, and you get a receipt to get paper money at the cashier.

The store take a percentage of the total amount of the loose change, so they are not the best good deal. But, it is faster and cleaner than rolling them up into paper coin tubes, and taking them to the bank.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:I usually just put it in a bottle, and take the coins to a loose change to paper money machines which counts coins, and you get a receipt to get paper money at the cashier.

The store take a percentage of the total amount of the loose change, so they are not the best good deal. But, it is faster and cleaner than rolling them up into paper coin tubes, and taking them to the bank.
I do the same, but I take my coins to my bank which they count them up for free.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote: I do the same, but I take my coins to my bank which they count them up for free.
That's nice that the bank count your coins for free.

Unfortunately, most savings bank accounts where I live require users to pay a monthly fee of $10 or more, and the bank sometimes even charge money when you withdraw too much money from the ATM, or pay for stuff over the internet.

If you don't have a lot of money like teens who are not old enough to legally work, and poor people who spend almost all of their money on rent, food, and utilities, using a coin counting machines at a store could be a better deal because you don't have to spend $10 or more every month to store your money. $10 a month is $120 a year which may not be worth it if you only have a few hundred dollars in savings.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote: I do the same, but I take my coins to my bank which they count them up for free.
That's nice that the bank count your coins for free.

Unfortunately, most savings bank accounts where I live require users to pay a monthly fee of $10 or more, and the bank sometimes even charge money when you withdraw too much money from the ATM, or pay for stuff over the internet.

If you don't have a lot of money like teens who are not old enough to legally work, and poor people who spend almost all of their money on rent, food, and utilities, using a coin counting machines at a store could be a better deal because you don't have to spend $10 or more every month to store your money. $10 a month is $120 a year which may not be worth it if you only have a few hundred dollars in savings.
I actually use a credit union which is better than a bank since they don't have all those fees.
froggyboy604

Post by froggyboy604 »

Skeithex wrote: I actually use a credit union which is better than a bank since they don't have all those fees.
I think credit unions, and other alternatives to banks are becoming more popular because more people feel it is not worth paying all those bank fees, and having the banks put restrictions on how many times you can withdraw money before you have to pay more fees.
Skeithex
Has no home to go to

Post by Skeithex »

froggyboy604 wrote:
Skeithex wrote: I actually use a credit union which is better than a bank since they don't have all those fees.
I think credit unions, and other alternatives to banks are becoming more popular because more people feel it is not worth paying all those bank fees, and having the banks put restrictions on how many times you can withdraw money before you have to pay more fees.
I never knew banks had such fees really, glad my parents got me onto a credit union which has served me well.