Happy 2026

Something on your mind, or having a bad day? Talk about anything in here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Skeithex
Has no home to go to
Posts: 31045
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:20 am
Location: In your computer!
Contact:

Re: Happy 2026

Post by Skeithex »

I've never seen one used that didn't go to something ad heavy or malicious, I avoid them like the plague
User avatar
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic
Posts: 39084
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 2026

Post by froggyboy604 »

It is unfortunate that so many criminals use QR codes, and website link shortners to scam people.
User avatar
Skeithex
Has no home to go to
Posts: 31045
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:20 am
Location: In your computer!
Contact:

Re: Happy 2026

Post by Skeithex »

It's why you need ad blocker and anti malware on your computer to keep yourself safe.
User avatar
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic
Posts: 39084
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 2026

Post by froggyboy604 »

I wonder if some of the more popular link shortners may have some antivirus and scams protection.
User avatar
Skeithex
Has no home to go to
Posts: 31045
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:20 am
Location: In your computer!
Contact:

Re: Happy 2026

Post by Skeithex »

I don't think they do, most if not all tend to be scams.
User avatar
froggyboy604
Anime music gaming Fanatic
Posts: 39084
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Happy 2026

Post by froggyboy604 »

I guest, it is not too hard to create a link shortning website to trick people into clicking onscam links on the link shortener.
User avatar
Skeithex
Has no home to go to
Posts: 31045
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:20 am
Location: In your computer!
Contact:

Re: Happy 2026

Post by Skeithex »

It's way too easy really, wish it get banned or the sites shut down.
Post Reply